As you may have noticed my webpages have changed a bit today. After about 6 years I decided it was time to revamp things a bit. The old site was all written in plain html with an attempt at reference link usage. I decided to rewrite in Restructured Text using Python and some kind of template language. I decided to do some searching before writing my own and found the Pelican project which fit what I wanted to do perfectly.
I used the included the conversion tool to convert my Wordpress blog posts over to ReST, added some lighttpd url redirection rules to make sure incoming links aren't totally broken.
I didn't bother to copy over the old blog comments, there weren't that many of them. All comments are now handled via Disqus.